This Keto Sugar-free Chocolate Mousse has an incredibly light and airy texture. It’s a decadent sugar-free dessert.
It’s no secret that I love having family and friends over for dinner at my house. There’s nothing more enjoyable than having some family and friends over to share a meal and of course, a decadent dessert. My friends now EXPECT dessert whenever they come over, and I always live up to them. This keto chocolate mousse is one of their favorite desserts.
I love love love chocolate desserts. It really is the perfect dessert. My Keto Chocolate Mousse recipe is rich and creamy, but also impossibly light, airy… and oh so chocolatey. And easy to make sugar-free too! It’s all I ever dreamed of in a low-carb dessert.
This chocolate mousse recipe involves melting chocolate, separating eggs and beating egg whites, and chilling for hours in the fridge. But it deserves all this effort and wait. This recipe is a denser chocolate mouse (my favorite).
chocolate mousse is one of the easiest desserts to make. Seriously, if you have a microwave, a hand mixer, and a rubber spatula, you can make homemade chocolate mousse to rival any French restaurant’s version – and you can do it in 20 minutes.
For serving the mousse, you can use pretty juice glasses, martini glasses, champagne flutes, small bowls, or espresso cups. Or, if you’re hosting a party and want to give your guests a small taste, you can serve the mousse in Asian-style porcelain soup spoons. Finally, note that chocolate mousse needs to be set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving, so plan accordingly.
Ingredients to make this Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Dark chocolate tabelet
- Low Carb Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea salt
How to make Keto Chocolate Mousse
- To begin, place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Break the chocolate into small pieces directly into the bowl (no need to chop it first and dirty a cutting board).
- Microwave it in 20-second intervals, stirring between each bout of heat, until the chocolate is about 75% melted. Stir, allowing the residual heat in the bowl to melt the chocolate completely. This prevents the chocolate from scorching.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks with sweetener and vanilla extract for about 5 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, beat the egg whites with sea salt until soft peaks form.
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix only until uniform, then set aside.
- Divide the mousse between 6 individual glasses, cover, and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
Feel free to use regular sugar or your favorite sweetener of choice if you’re not on a low carb or sugar-free diet.
You also may like this: