This healthy cobbler recipe is made with a gluten-free oat flour spooned over fresh, juicy blueberries then baked in the oven. It’s crazy delicious and the perfect summer dessert.
Summer isn’t over quite yet! So grab your skillet and get ready to make this Healthy Gluten-free Blueberry Cobbler!
Today I’m going to show you how to make the easiest Blackberry Cobbler ever that just so happens to be gluten-free, and refined-sugar-free too. So easy to make and comes bursting with bold blueberry and lemon flavors.
This recipe is super easy to whip up. You can have your blueberry cobbler prepped and in the oven in 15 minutes.
You’re going to enjoy this crisp for breakfast with yogurt and later, as a dessert with a scoop of sugar-free ice cream.
You can certainly make this recipe with other fruit. However, I chose blueberries because they are the easiest to prepare, in terms of not having to do any cutting or peeling.
One important thing to know is that this recipe can be modified to each of your preferences. For example, you can replace the coconut sugar with maple syrup. Just be aware that the amount you’ll need may differ. You can also substitute the oat flour with almond or coconut flour, for a grain-free dessert.
Here’s everything you need to know about making a gluten-free crisp that you can memorize and know by heart.
Ingredients to make Healthy Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
I promised that this gluten-free crisp would be pantry-friendly, and it is, but here’s what you need to know.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (Look for gluten-free labeling on oat flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups blueberries (~3 pints)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Lemon juice
How to make Healthy Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 7×11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the berries, lemon juice, coconut sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of water to a pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer the berries for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn the heat off. Add additional coconut sugar to taste, if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. You can buy oat flour at your local grocery store, or make your own by blending rolled oats in a food processor. I have completed both methods successfully.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla to the oats. Mix until the texture is that of cookie dough.
- Transfer the blueberry filling to the baking dish. Spoon the oat mixture on top of the berries, and use your fingers to evenly spread it across the dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 45 minutes. This will allow the cobbler to firm up.
- Serve with your favorite non-dairy and sugar-free ice cream!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3 days.
Some tips to make the best Healthy Gluten-Free Blueberry Cobbler
- This recipe can comfortably serve 4, but it’s easy to double or triple if you’re serving a crowd – just cook it in a larger pan.
- Blackberries can be replaced with any summer fruit as I said, or your favorite blend. Blueberries, peaches, cherries, and even raspberries would all be delicious! If you’re using a larger fruit, make sure to chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- You can use either fresh or frozen fruit for this recipe. Fresh berries tend to be sweeter, so you may need to add more coconut sugar with the latter. Frozen fruit also releases more water as it cooks, so you will need to simmer the berries for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY COBBLER – This is a simple summer dessert at its finest.