This Keto Cheeseburger Skillet Recipe is perfect for meal prepping for the week, especially when craving something more indulgent. It’s great for low carb and keto diets, gluten-free, and this keto dinner is ready in under 20 minutes!
While you can’t eat cheeseburgers with a traditional bun on the keto diet, this delicious low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is sure to curb your cravings.
The best in this recipe is that can be made in one skillet, which means little clean up. It is easy, requires just one pan, has easy ingredients you probably already have on hand, and is insanely low in carbs. This is everything you want for a weeknight dinner.
Kids and adults alike enjoy cheeseburger helper because it’s a very quick, easy cheesy, and gooey meal. Perfect for busy, on-the-go parents.
Is this good for meal prepping?
One of my favorite things about making casseroles is that they are a great make-ahead meal. You can make this recipe ahead of time, and store it in your freezer.
Simply take it out of the freezer a day ahead for meal prep. Once thawed, this keto casserole may be stored in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
This skillet is so delicious, in a delightfully non-gourmet sort of way. Grownups and kids alike always enjoy it.
Ingredients to make Keto Cheeseburger Skillet
- Ground beef
- Onion (about half of one small onion)
- Tomato paste
- Dijon mustard
- Cream cheese
- Chicken or beef broth
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Shredded cheddar cheese.
How to make Keto Cheeseburger Skillet
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and onion. Brown the meat.
- Add the tomato paste, Dijon mustard, Smoked paprika, cream cheese, broth and spices stirring until the cream cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
- Reduce the heat to low and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover the skillet and cook on low for 5-7 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
What to serve with Keto Cheeseburger Skillet
I definitely recommend skipping the starches and serving it with a side veggie, such as green beans, roasted asparagus, or a green salad.
WANT TO MAKE THIS A LOW-CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE??
It’s super simple to add bacon to this recipe! You can either:
- Add in cooked chopped bacon to the toppings
- Cook a few slices of chopped bacon in the skillet first. Remove the crispy bacon then add in the beef to brown in the bacon fat.