Keto Chicken Parmesan is juicy, tender, and crispy chicken breasts are baked to perfection in marinara sauce with mozzarella and parmesan cheese melting on top!
This cheesy, easy low-carb chicken parmesan is made in one pan with simple ingredients. This low-carb chicken parmigiana tastes almost exactly the same as in Italian restaurants.
Traditional chicken parm is pretty with flour, egg, and bread crumbs. It is not keto because of the flour and bread crumbs. But it is very easy to swap out those ingredients for keto-friendly parmesan cheese in the breading.
Luckily, you can make your own restaurant-style chicken parmesan that tastes just as good as the ones breaded and seasoned.
For the purpose of giving you the ultimate flavour experience, I have provided a homemade tomato sauce. You are more than welcome to use store-bought sugar-freepasta sauce, marinara sauce or tomato sauce.
Ingredients to make Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken breast: cut horizontally so they are thinner and more uniform in size.
- Keto breadcrumbs (pork rind panko)
- Low Carb Marinara Sauce: there are several brands available at most grocery stores now or you can use my homemade marinara sauce
- Seasonings: garlic powder, black pepper, salt, oregano
- Shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese
How to make Keto Chicken Parmesan Chicken
- Preheat the oven at 360º F.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half length-wise to make 4 fillets, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, rub the seasoning all over the chicken and set aside.
- Prepare two shallow bowls side by side, the first one containing the egg wash ingredients, the second with Keto breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Place the chicken in the egg mixture and make sure it is completely covered. and transfer to the keto breadcrumbs, pressing the fillets to coat with a fork, then turn and repeat. Remove the excess breadcrumbs and repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Place the breaded chicken side by side into an oven dish and cook for 20 minutes until crispy and lightly golden brown.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and pour the marinara sauce over the chicken fillets, followed by the shredded mozzarela and parmesan. Return to the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes to melt the cheese and heat the sauce.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle chopped parsley and serve.
Can you freeze keto chicken parmesan?
Yes, this is a freezer-friendly dinner idea. Just coat the raw chicken like normal. Then place the chicken in a freezer-friendly baking dish that can be sealed completely. Next, add the marinara sauce and cheese on top.
Seal it up completely and label it. Then, you can just place the entire baking dish in the oven when you are ready to bake it.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Tips
- Do not overcook the keto parmesan chicken. Please buy a digital meat thermometer if you do not own one. This is the key to enjoying tender and juicy chicken. Only cook it until it is 158-160 degrees and then let it rest.
- Use my homemade marinara sauce.
More chicken recipes