Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken thighs and Green Beans Skillet are perfect for quick dinner. In less than 30 minutes, this one pan, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 friendly chicken dinner can be on your table! It’s a perfect chicken recipe for a weeknight dinner or when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands and don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
I love to prepare recipes one-pot meals and this Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans Skillet is another incredibly easy recipe that you should add to your list. The veggies are cooked in the same pan so it’s easy to clean up. And the lemon butter sauce is to die for! What’s not to love?
These boneless chicken thighs are crazy popular in our family, especially with the kids. The recipe is simple and very quick to execute, yet it makes a surprisingly flavorful and delicious dish. As these boneless chicken thighs are being cooked, the smell of lemon and garlic makes you so hungry that you just can’t wait till they are ready. Thankfully, they take just minutes to cook. The thighs come out tender and succulent!
Everything is cooked in a skillet on the stovetop – no extra pans, just one skillet. So easy to make, minimal clean-up!
Ingredients you need to make these Keto Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Green beans, trimmed
- Butter, divided or (ghee for paleo diet)
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Onion powder
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- Chicken broth
- Hot sauce
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley
How to make these keto Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Green Beans
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Season chicken thighs generously with the spice mixture. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
- Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer in the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes, until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F (75°C). If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Adjust timing depending on the thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes, and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve the lemon garlic butter chicken thighs immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper, fresh parsley, and a slice of lemon if you like. Enjoy!
Tips to make these chicken thighs
- The cooking process only takes about 9-10 minutes. You should be able to fit about 8 or even 10 chicken thighs on a large (12 inch) skillet.
- The seasonings in this boneless chicken thigh recipe are simple yet very flavorful and make for an amazing thicken thigh marinade. If you have the time to marinate – do it! It’s generally advisable that chicken thighs are marinated in a fridge for at least 30 minutes – this will let them get properly infused with salt and flavors.
- Thirty minutes is enough, but if you must keep them in the fridge longer, that will not be a problem at all. Actually, I find that the longer I marinate, within the reason of course, the better. Sometimes, when we are in a rush, we skip marination altogether – these chicken thighs still taste great, though, perhaps, come out just a tad less flavorful.
- Make sure to pat dry chicken thighs with a paper towel before it’s ready for the pan. This will remove extra moisture and guarantee nice browning of the chicken!
One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Gren Beans for dinner, just-like-that.
You’re going to love this chicken dinner. Easy to throw together, incredible flavors and perfect for busy weeknights.
If you enjoyed these skillet chicken thighs, you might like these recipes:
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 616 | Fat: 45.26 g | Protein: 36.63 g | Carbs: 17.61 g | Sugar: 6.54 g | Cholesterol: 221.99 mg | Sodium: 477.57 mg | Potassium: 935.97 mg